What is the block watch program:
Message Posted: Aug 27, 2009 8:02:52 AM
1. A joint effort between law enforcement and the community.
2. A program to enhance neighborhood security.
3. Organized to heighten community observation and awareness.
4. A total effort to encourage mutual assistance and concern among neighbors.
Block Watch Objectives:
-To reduce the incidence of crime by:
1. increasing citizens' awareness of neighberhood crime through a continuing infomation process.
2. effective property security.
3. educate citizens so they will recognize and report suspicious activity/persons in their community
4. encourage an effective working relationship between law enforcement and the community.
You must identify the one that is doing the damage to your items and your home in order to prosecute, is what the police keeps telling me over and over. The main thing is lighting on the outside of your home. Because night time is usually when the bad guys like to come around. Work with your neighbors, talk with them, communication is a wonderful thing. This can always become a fun thing. This does not have to be a bummer thing. So, look into to protect you and yours if you are interested and the local police also suggest to start a website for your block watch communtiy which we are now working on ourselves. It gets your local news and monthly meetings out quicker to your neighbors, for those who have computers, and work odd hours. Let's help each other, and clean up our streets and make it safe for our children and our families to play and walk.